Saturday, November 8, 2008

Baby Carriers



I got into baby carriers after studying attachment parenting. I realized that putting your child in a stroller and pushing them around is not the best thing for them. Your baby wants to be held. They love the warmth of their mother or father holding them.


Our society has accepted putting babies in car seat and pulling them out of the car carrying the seat into the store and attaching it to the shopping cart. No wonder that baby is crying in isle 2, it wants to be held by it's mommy.



After studying the philosophy of Attachment Parenting and Attachment Parenting International (API), I realized that my child would benefit from a stronger bond with its parents. Holding and Carrying the child close to your body is important in creating that bond.


It is amazing the response I get when I wear my children into the grocery store. Everyone thinks it is so cute and asks where I got the carrier. It is encouraging to see more and more baby carriers around town. I now own a Moby Wrap, 2 ZoloWear Slings, and an Ergo. I just love carrying my kids and they love it too.


Hip Mountain Mama carries the Moby Wrap and ZoloWear Slings. These are two brands that I particularly like to use. The Moby is so versatile with many different ways to wear it and the Zolo is easy to use. I especially like the ZoloWear Organic.

No comments: