Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vote

Finally we are in the last week of campaigning, and the election is upon us.

I took my family to see one of the candidates speak a few days ago. It was a great experience for us as a family to be a part of the process and show our support for this candidate. But the best part was sharing it with my children. My 4 year old asked questions about the candidate and about the rally. I have no doubt that she will always remember that afternoon. Hopefully it is looking back at how our country improved thanks to her parents support of that candidate. Only time will tell.

The most encouraging thing from that afternoon was the number of strollers, toddlers running around, and babies being carried. It was wonderful to see children be a part of this rally. I only hope that when people make their choice they are thinking about how this will impact their children and future generations.

No comments: